Saturday, November 19, 2005

Some


You win some, you lose some. This was the latter variety. I know, there always has to be a loser in every competition (and don't give me any of that "everyone's a winner" sunshine up the ass... you know what I'm talking about) and I would love to see the ones who deserve to win be the ones who take home the title...

I don't mean to sound bitter or a poor sport. But the team they played against... they were mean. Unsportsmanlike mean. They took two of our girls out because of injury and one was intentional. One girl went to the hospital. What makes adults think this is okay to encourage in high school students? Why play dirty?

Beside the point.

As my little sister came over to the fence after the game, I watched the tears run down her face and immediately my own eyes were wet. I can't stand seeing her cry. I just held her and told her what a great job she has done this season and how well they all played today. She's entitled to her sadness, grief of what could have been a wonderful celebration. And I... I hope for her. I hope she continues to grow from what she has learned. I hope she learns the balance between allowing herself emotions and staunching them. How does that relate to the game? It doesn't. It's a family thing.

I think she knows I'll always be there for her. I think she knows she can cry on my shoulder anytime.

Go Mustangs.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Ahhhhh. I'm sorry they lost to a bunch of hoodlums! Playiing dirty isn't right!
Go Mustangs!! Get 'em next time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home