Thursday, October 05, 2006

Alpacas on Parade

This is an alpaca. Actually, it's two alpacas, but you know what I mean. Last weekend, I visited a local alpaca farm with a friend of mine. My friend wants to raise her own herd of alpacas. They're fairly docile, friendly and such cute animals...

I'm not sure of this girl's name, but she's a young lady alpaca. She was pretty good about letting lots of little kids pet her. One lil man, must've been between 1 and 2 years old, wandered around behind her in his courageous exploration of the barn and she was instantly curious. She wiggled free of her owner and followed him, finally "kissing" him on the head! It was ADORABLE!!! The owner says she loves little kids because they are smaller than she is.


I believe this is Gretel, one of the sheep (and if someone knows what kind they are, please tell me!!! It's on the tip of my brain... ) who was also VERY friendly. She didn't want me to stop petting her.

It was a beautiful day to be out in the country. The leaves are just starting to change and the scent, the earthy perfume of autumn was filling my nose... The smell of fall always makes me feel young again, nostalgic for that first month of school, of coming home in the golden hours of the afternoon when it seems like nothing can be wrong with life...

May your autumn days be golden and crunchy, your autumn nights be chilly and snuggly, and may apple pies always fill your table.

3 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do they taste? ;-)

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Carae said...

The alpacas or the apple pies?? I hope you're asking about the latter....

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Mike is being SILLY!!!

The alpacas and the sheep are cuties.
I am enjoying the fall weather. I wish it wouldn't get any cooler, though, since I am not a fan of cold weather.
Our trees are turning purple and gold and orange.
I hope this fall is as pretty as last year's was.

I have no idea what kind of sheep that is. Sorry. :(

Happy Weekend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home