Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ex Libris


So, I haven't been here in awhile. The summer has hit me with it's steamy breath and I've succumbed to the hectic schedule that awaited me. I have yet to have a weekend where I can kick back, relax and sleep in... perhaps read a book?

I discovered a wonderful website today. It's bookins.com, and you can trade your used books for other used books. Sounds simple... and it actually is. I made my list of books I'd be willing to part with from my rather extensive (and overloaded) collection and then browsed for the books I'd love to read, and the site matches my stuff with what people want, and their stuff with me. I'm sending out two books tomorrow to new homes and all I had to do was print out the shipping label provided by the site. It's $3.99 to have a book shipped to you, free to send them out. I'm loving it. It works on a point system- 15 points for signing up, so many points for book successfully arriving at its destination. They track the books after you drop them in the mailbox. Little to no effort. That's my kind of company! AND I get packages in the mail!!!!

If you check it out and want to sign up, I'd love to be the one to refer you ('cause then I get more points) , but I won't ever know if you sign up on your own. I'm all about recycling. Especially books. I love a good used book. You can smell the love.

6 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger Jay Noel said...

I love the smell of an old library. The website sounds great. I will definitely check it out.

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! I'll take a look. We have Half Price Books
here.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Carae said...

Half Price Books is WONDERFUL... wish we had them up here. I could live in one of those stores...

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

My summer has been quite busy too. I've not had my normal amount of down time to do with what I want... like blogging.
I love walking around in a bookstore. I can spend so much time in there, and it never seems as if I've been there very long at all.

Happy Independence Day!!
I hope you have time to relax and read a book on July 4th. You need some down time. Oh, and sleep in if you can!!

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am trying to sell my old office/computer applicaton books from college that, i mean classes i had to drop so the books wre never used but cost a fortune it seemed..more than the classes.

some guy told me about HALF.COM were they are supposed to buy your books, well see i guess...

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Carae said...

You can sell books on Half.com as well. There's lots of places to unload your unused stuff. Amazon will sell used books as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home