Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Year of 30

This is the year I turn 30. Granted, I still have a few months of 29 left, but instead of being scared, panicked, and depressed, this is the year I am going to celebrate my life and myself and make it a year of acceptance, new beginnings, and growth.




One of the things I will do this year is take at least one picture a day. This will stretch my photographic imagination and also get me out on those days when I just don't FEEL like it.



Another thing I plan to do is make a list of at least 52 people, and once a week, write them a note about how they've impacted my last thirty years. There are people out there that have changed who I am in such amazing ways and I want them to know.



Thirdly, I'm going to kick my diabetes in the ass. I'm going to shed the weight that is holding me back and I'm going to get off my medications. I'm going to go to the gym and exercise at least three times a week and this is for ME, not for my family, not for a future spouse, for ME.



I'm going to get my finances in control. I'm going to finish paying off those annoying bills that I've been neglecting for months. I'm going to feel the control and lose the anxiety.



So far, this is my list. I will be adding to it as we get further in to the Year of 30. I really want to push myself. I didn't like 29. There was a lot of pain, a lot of suffering, and maybe that was in preparation for 30. I can only hope.



Happy New Year.

2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Hooray for YOU!!
Way to start this very important milestone year.
30 won't feel so bad at all. You'll see.
Years ago, some ladies at my church threw me a 30th birthday party. It was a wonderful surprise -- only I was turning 29, not 30. It was great to have a 30th bash, and know I still had one whole year before I actually turned 30.
Now, I'm an ancient 43, and would LOVE to be turning 30!!
I wish you good health and much happiness this year. Take those challenges one step at a time, and allow yourself those times where you might do the two steps forward and one step back thing. The main thing to focus on is steady progress in the right direction.
I am rooting for YOU!!
I am so glad you are going to be taking photos on a regular basis. This hopefully means you will be POSTING THEM more often!! :-)

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Drizzle said...

Ahh, the Year of 30 - I try to embrace it, but I'm thinking not so much! I think that your goals sound great. I especially identify with the feeling of needing to take the feeling of control. I have realized in the past couple of months that the feeling of being overwhelmed and helpless can only be changed when I grab that control back. So good for you girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home