Friday, October 27, 2006

Autumn has Fallen...

It's the end of fall here in upstate NY. These photos were taken a few weeks ago, when the colors were at their peak. Now, we've seen the first of the evil white substance that shall not be named and it's getting cold and the trees are shedding their beautiful raiment at an alarming rate.


This was an experiment to see if I could focus on the reflected image. I'm kinda happy with the result.
One of my favorite stops on my way to my parents house. The water was almost still... and the reflection was so pretty. I love the way the shadow played on the trees, creating a double skyline, almost.

This is the pheasant that has come to follow my parents around like a puppy. They think it was raised and released- several government programs like that around to increase the population of certain species- and so it was no so afraid of us. He came within 2-3 feet of me, showing very little fear.



Have a happy Halloween, everyone. May all you have more candy than the lil ghouls can take from you.

3 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger EV said...

I just loved these picture!!! Thanx.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That pumpkin is just too dolled up to be a Halloween pumpkin. :)
The photos are great! That lake or pond near your parents' place is absolutely gorgeous.
Our leaves are still hanging around. The trees are gold, red and purple. It is so pretty. I'm sure they will strip down to their buck naked branches very soon.
I've been eating some Tootsie Rolls and Gummy Bats, remnants from Halloween.
I'm sorry to hear that the cold stuff that shall not be named has already made its presence known there.
Brrrr!!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Jay Noel said...

Incredible pics!

Where are you? Come back!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home