Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanks and Giving

Thanksgiving is such a hectic, wonderful, crazy time. It's when my extended family of 28 cousins and their kids come home to NY and we all hang out all weekend. Thanksgiving day is one of my aunts and her kids and their kids and my family. The next day is lunch at the Irish pub with at least 20 people. Friday night is the adults for soup and sandwiches at another of the aunt's. Saturday my mom throws the Peanut Butter and Jelly party for all the cousins' kids who couldn't come to the party the night before. And this year, my mom and I hosted a Southern Living at Home party on Sunday. Oh, and at least three of my cousins and their children stay with my parents (still my home for the holidays, too).

This year, I didn't mind all the people and all the craziness. Last year I was going out of my skull trying to find somewhere not invaded by little people and their loudmouth parents, but this year I had more patience and more love for my relatives. It's good to be home.

I emailed a professional photographer today for advice. His name is Stanley Klein and he's based out of Pittsburgh. He's traveled all over the world and his pictures are truly art. Find his galleries at www.stanleykleinphotos.com. I saw some of his pictures at a local art show and I was fascinated- spent about an hour talking with him. I love meeting people who have passion- passion for anything. I spent an evening with a neighbor of mine once who was a carpenter. He talked about where he'd been and what he'd worked on and how he did what he did... it was amazing to hear the love for his craft. I feel this passion for photography and showing the beauty of life. I want to find out how to share it.

May you be ever thankful for the gifts you've been given. May you give of yourself to all those you encounter.

3 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend.
I like the pic! You can never go wrong when you include a child in a picture. Kids make any picture darling.
Good luck with your photography.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Carae said...

Thanks, Jamie....

There are some things that get under your skin and you just can't shake them... photography is that thing for me right now!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

It is Dec. 1. I hope your December is filled with holiday joy and warm family memories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home