Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hobby





I know I've mentioned it before... my scrapbook hobby.

I am addicted. Almost more addicted than to photography.

I've been doing this for over 10 years and I finally got my first paying gig. My cousin has handed over all her wedding photos and memorabilia and said, "Have at it". She originally intended to do it herself but then a couple kids came along and there goes all her free time. Meanwhile, she's without a wedding album. So... she has seen my scrapbooks and her style fits my style and away we go!

These are just a few of the beginning pages. The top two are the rehearsal dinner and all the individual shots around the edges are hinged so she can label who they are underneath. The blank squares are for her to "journal" aka label what's happening or her memories at the time to those of you who are not acquainted with scrapbooking terms.

These are not my fanciest or most creative work.... but they are my newest project and represent my style pretty well. I like the look to be very clean, simple, and well put-together. I think the little details make a page stand out. And my cousin loves them, so woo hoo for me!

Thank you to all of you who have had kind words regarding my friend and his mother. I appreciate them and I've passed along prayers and kind wishes to him. You don't realize the impact you have on a stranger. Thank you.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I enjoy scrapbooking too. I have not done it in some time though. I recently looked at one I did when my kids were a lot younger. It was so fun looking at and remembering the special events of our lives.

My daughter does digital memories. She has done two funerals, my inlaws anniversary memories video, and some other things for our family.
She gathers the pictures and videos of the person, people, events, etc... then makes a video with music.
It is so special to see many years put into about a 10 minute video that is so touching and significant to those who wanted it.

She starts college this fall and wants to study film making. I think this digital memories thing she does could actually be a good business someday, if making films doesn't pay the rent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home