Friday, February 17, 2006

Wacko Dream #2

Is it something I'm eating?

I dreamt that some of my friends and I were at a McDonalds, just hanging out. That is weird in and of itself, but I digress. So, we're at the McDonalds and the old couple who owns and operates the establishment says, "We're going out for awhile. Would you mind taking over while we're gone? It'll be really easy " and of course, we agree.

After awhile, a customer calls (yes, on the phone- calls in an order to MCDONALDS) and orders a cheeseburger, fries, a soda and a sundae. No sizes. He'll be there in a bit to pick them up. I go into the cheeseburger room and find several cheeseburgers on the grill, already prepared. I get one into a bun and then look for the paper to wrap it in. All we have is Burger King and Wendy's papers. I look all over the room- piles and boxes full of the other papers, no McDonalds paper. I go into the room next door- lots more boxes, no papers. I find calendars, time off requests, planning sheets... nothing that says McDonalds to wrap this cheeseburger in.

Segway to the next bit of my dream- no, I never get resolution on the cheeseburger situation.

I'm at my parents' house. An acquaintance whom my parents don't know is also there- someone who will likely never meet my parents- and he's been hanging out for about an hour with my brother, just watching TV. This is strange. Not just dream strange, but in my dream, I knew there was something off about it. So I suggest we go... and we head toward the back door, and he goes into the bathroom. He locks himself into the bathroom and I wait and wait and wait and ask if he's okay. He starts telling me things, awful things about himself and things he's done in the past and his voice gets strange and crazy and I realize, "This man is psychotic and he's in my parents' house... how do I get him out??" He tells me I should call the police. I ask him to just go... I'll go into my bedroom and he can just leave and not have to face me. The dream gets so scary I wake myself up.

I don't have scary dreams. Maybe once every few years. This one was disturbing to the point I had to get up and distract myself, put some distance between me and the dream before I could go back to sleep.

3 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

A McDonald's burger wrapped in a Burger King wrapper is VERY distrurbing. Oh,,, you meant the psycho man part. (just kidding)
I hate having an upsetting nightmare. I rarely remember any of my dreams, but I have had some scary ones before. They really shake you to the core, even though you realize it was only a dream.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That guy wasn't me was it....oh wait....I've met yer parents...lol

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Tom Reagan said...

wow...heh...

saw somewhere you went to steubenville...going there for grad school in the Fall!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home