Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Doorway


I couldn't stop myself. I was in a city I had never visited before, walking down the street, and here was this fantastic door. It didn't belong in the city. It belonged in some long forgotten forest, where there are still woodcutters and wicked witches.

Perhaps I've been reading too many children's stories lately.

It spoke to me, though... and I love the little window above the door.... the ivy climbing up the walls and onto the roof...

I couldn't see the rest of the house... just the entrance. But for a minute, there was magic.

2 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger ainkurn said...

great find... Your right, it does seem like something out of a fairy tale (and I haven't been reading children's books) I think it would have looked a little better if you had cropped it to get rid of the trees and the grey box on the left.

btw...I have changed my photo blog over from studio701 to www.benjaminriley.com/pixel

Drop by and let me know how you like the new site. Keep up the good work.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That is a treasure of a picture. I feel like Princess Aurora or Snow White will open that door at any moment.

-------------

There a blog that I visit that you may like. Indie used found photos and makes up stories based on them. On the weekends bloggers make up stories based on a picture. You could submit some of your pics for him to use there, if you want. This one would be great for the weekend story. Also, Michael does this same thing every weekend and is always asking for people to submit photos for fellow bloggers to use as inspiration for short stories. If you'd like to see what people come up with based on your photos, visit these guys and tell them Jamie Dawn sent you. They will tell you how to submit photos to them. Of course, when they use one of your pics, they will give you credit for the photo and will link to your blog.

http://indeterminacy.blogspot.com/

http://blogin_idiot.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home