Friday, April 28, 2006

Toy



















I bought a new camera.

Did I need it? The best answer would be no. But on this whole other level, YES. It's a Kodak Z650 with 6.1 megapixels and a 10x zoom. I have been drooling over it for months. Thanks to the federal government giving me back the money I earned, I was able to buy it and the huge package of stuff it came with on eBay, including, but not limited to a 1 GB memory card, a standard tripod, a tabletop tripod, a telephoto lens (2x), a wide angle lens, three filters and a flash card reader. I got it yesterday and was in heaven.

These are my first tries with the new toy. I've been using the UV filter just to protect the lens, and supposedly it helps with color saturation yadda yadda. Maybe someone who knows more about cameras can tell me if that's true.

My new camera is inspiring me to exercise! I want to go for a hike at one of the nearby falls to take pictures... who wants to come?

2 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

Nice tulips!

Post some examples of far-away shots as well as closeups, etc. I'll bet it has some great feautres.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger ainkurn said...

Great to see you back again. Been missing your posts the last few weeks. Congratulations ont he new camera, I know I am always excited about new camera stuff...heck new stuff in general. Lens filters do have their advantages, you just have to learn their strengths and weaknesses. Nice flower shots by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home