Friday, December 09, 2005

A Light Shines in the Darkness


... and the darkness has not overcome it. Whenever I start to feel like things are getting to crowded or dark in my life, that line comes to mind. I believe it's in the Bible somewhere, but there's no chance I could tell you where.

Recently, I was in my apartment and it was late/early morning (however you choose to look at it), and I was pouring myself a glass of wine to wind down for the night when the lights went out. All of them. At first, I was startled and then remembered the scheduled maintenance involving no power for an hour... so I decided to make the most of it. I lit a bunch of candles and let my creative energy take over. This was my favorite shot.

I love hands. I have two black and whites of hands in my living room. Everyone's hands are different and unique and you can tell a lot by looking at hands. I'm personally very attracted to hands- the hard working kind you find on a man who knows what work is.

Speaking of men... I don't know what is to come of what happened tonight. R came to see me for the first time. Not what I expected, but since when is anyone what you expect? I'm not sure what I want. I know I liked being held, being taken care of. But.... something says, wait. And so I bend to prudence. I liked his hands, though.

A light shines in the darkness, and the darkness CANNOT overcome it. Hope, the hope I have, will not be extinguished.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Nice picture. So, you're single and looking for a man with nice hands and a good heart. I wish you well.
Light always dispells the darkness.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Carae said...

Thanks, Jamie... Maybe Santa has a gift for me this year???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home