Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Silent Night


I'm finished. All the cards are written and sent. All the gifts are wrapped. Only one more trip to the post office and my Christmas preparations are complete.

It feels good.

I found out my goddaughter gets to go home today! She's just barely a month old and two days after she was born, she had to transported across the country for emergency heart surgery for two heart defects. Her father is a good friend of mine from college and he has kept all of us family and friends posted via website throughout the process. I'm so relieved that she is being discharged. I cannot imagine being her momma right now... the worry, the helplessness, wondering if you could have done anything differently to help her develop properly... Their faith in God has helped them through this. I see a miracle in that little girl... I can't wait to meet her. Lil miracle child...

My brother comes home from college tomorrow. He bought his girlfriend a diamond necklace. I'm so impressed with him. He called just to tell me. He wouldn't tell anyone else first... which flatters the bejeebers out of me. I knew we were close... I guess I didn't realize how much that means to him, too. I love that punk...

Only two more days of work until I go home to spend time with my family. This year, I'm so excited to give the gifts that I bought/prepared. Over the last 5-6 years, I've grown in my excitement to give gifts rather than get them. I pride myself on finding the gifts that will not necessarily be perfect, but will fit the person and really show them I thought about it. I may never top the scrapbook for my parents... I still get a little teary thinking about how incredible a surprise it was and what a great reaction they had. I love giving gifts I've poured my soul into.

Merry Christmas... and may your nights be silently filled with joy.

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

Merry Christmas to you. Very fitting photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home