Thursday, January 19, 2006

Break


This is Sedona- more specifically, Cathedral Rock, one of the most photographed spots in Arizona and quite possibly the country, if our Chamber of Commerce tour guide wasn't just happy to be an Arizonan. Sedona is known to be a place of great psychic energy... not that I buy into any of that, no offense if you do, but what I did find in Sedona was peace.

My mom and my sister and I sat on a butte and watched the sun go down over Sedona for an hour, perfectly content. Just before it dropped over the horizon, we found this spot:

It was just a little further upstream and I'm sure the photographer with all his fancy equipment who was standing in the stream waiting for his perfect shot didn't exactly love us sitting there next to him, but it's public property!

I'm constantly amazed, as I travel and as I look at other people's blogs who live in other parts of the country, at the diversity of our nation environmentally. We have everything... volcanos, rain forest, desert, moutains, acres and acres of forest, plains...

I need Sedona today. I've decided that I need a vacation and this may be the closest I come to vacation for a lil while. I need hot desert air on the top of a butte at sundown...

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Peaceful, calm... very nice.

I chuckled when I read "sat on a butte."
The kid in me laughed at it because I thought of "sat on a butt."

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

I love sedona!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home