Thursday, January 12, 2006


This is the National Seashore (part of it, anyway) as seen from midway down the Highland Lighthouse. The door absolutely begged to be in the picture.

The sun is shining here today- second day in a row and it's impossible to remember it's January. We don't HAVE sun in January. We also don't have 50 degree days. Perhaps hell has frozen over? Sign of the apocalypse?

I need a good massage- I am stiff from my heels to my neck, all the way up my back. That's where I hold my stress. Work has been heart breaking this week. It will get better. I have to have hope. Sunshine is hopeful.

I'm feeling random today... I'm eating sour cream and onion Pringles and I KNOW my breath is going to be rancid when I go to my next client's house. Oh well. Maybe her beagle will stay off my lap, then. HA! This dog needs to be as close to me as possible when I'm there. If she could climb into my skin, then she would be happy. She has to be in my lap with her nose approximately 5 cm from my own. Nowhere near as cute as this puppy....

That's my wigglebutt. Not her best picture, but proof enough that she's adorable. Or was, as the case may be. She was hit by a car at 5 months old. Don't get me started... I don't want to have puffy eyes for my client in a half hour. Quinn was a black lab/beagle mix and if there was ever a dog who loved me in this world, it was her. I picked her up from the litter and brought her home and I think became, in a way, her surrogate mommy. She loved to lick everyone, of course, but when I came home, she would climb up me as far as she could and lick the crap out of my face. She looked like a weiner dog (yes, I know the breed name, but saying "weiner" is much more fun) because of her teeny tiny legs....

I'm glad I can finally look at her picture and smile.

5 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm sure you miss your doggie SO much. What a cutie! I
I like sour cream and onion chips too. Actually, I like all chips. I love chips & salsa! Yummy!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I love tha door pic...

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger ainkurn said...

I like the door picture, however i think it would have been better composed flipping the camera on its side. nice doggie picture too.

keep the pictures coming ;-)

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Drea said...

that wiggle butt is adorable!

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Carae said...

Thanks, guys... for all your comments. I'm not the most frequent blogger in the world...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home