Saturday, January 13, 2007

Stop Flashing Me!!!

One of the things I've been trying out a lot lately is using the natural or just the existing light when I'm taking pictures. I'm getting better at steadying my hand without using a tripod or flat surface to set the camera on.

This series is my "Ode to Pottery Barn":





I can see how the natural light in these makes such a huge difference. Everything is just a little softer... no real hard lines...


I think this picture is really cute. These toes belong to my brother's nieces and they insisted my sister paint their toes last time we saw them. I wish I had another picture of them as they were posing for this one... arms around each other, staring down at their toes...


I love the contrast of neon in the dark, and this has the reflection on the glass as well. This is the regionally-famous Dinosaur Barbecue, the best pulled pork in the North. A genuine honky-tonk where you can find bikers and businessmen sitting side by side on any given day, it's a great place for a sandwich, a beer, and some great music. No, they didn't pay me for this endorsement.... but that's an idea...

4 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Jay Noel said...

Do they serve real dinosaur meat there?

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Carae said...

No, I'm sorry to say there is no dinosaur meat served... though sometimes the bones in the soup are a little large... hmmmm... this may require YOUR investigation skills, phoenix!!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Nice pics.
Those little piggy toes are adorable!
My dad is a big fan of neon. He has a music room with neon lights and signs in it. It looks very cool!

Have a nice week!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Hello. That's it. Just hello. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home