Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Heavy


I'm not sure this post will actually show up. Seems Blogger has lost my blog entirely. This adds to my mood.....


This is Sedona, again. This trail looked impossible, and we did not, in fact, use it to get to the top. Instead, we found the easier path.

I feel like I don't have an easier path right now. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. It's one of those times when it seems that everything is pushing back. The job... ah, burnout.

I was convinced that I would never get burnt out. I thought, c'mon, if I have my faith and my family and I really believe in what I'm doing, I'm not gonna burned out. HA! I'd like to stay home for a week... or two... and pour myself into those things that spark my mind and my creative energy.

Listening to Collective Soul right now... "And I've got a long way to run...." It's striking a chord right now. I'm turning 29 in little over a month. I know, to those of you that are older, you think wow, so young, etc.

This is a pivotal age for me. I'm single, with a POS car, a stressful job that I don't know if I can do sometimes, don't own my house, a piggy bank of coins making up my whole savings... and I'm facing the 30's. Just seems.... depressing. Then I try to think positive- I have a masters degree, I have a secure job, I'm making a difference in people's lives, I have great friends, I'm close to my family.....

I wish it were enough.

3 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I wish you felt better about how your life is going.
Mine has taken some devastating turns, but like you, I have many good things too that help balance out the bad. Focus as best you can on the good and keep looking forward with hope.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

Sometimes our situations seem empty, but look at all the people who truly have nothing... NOTHING!

That always cheers me up.

Sedona is awesome. I long to return.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home