Sunday, February 05, 2006

Winter? HA!


It seems that either snow has forgotten it's summer home here in central NY, or global warming is so extreme that snow is a bygone era for us here in the snowbelt.

I'm not complaining. With no snow, I have to shovel less, the roads are passable, walking outside is quite pleasant... but it's strange. We all keep waiting to get pummelled in 6 feet of white stuff, drifts so high you can't get out of your house on the first floor... people keep recalling the blizzard of '68, hoping it will appease the precipitation gods.

I pass this pond every time I go home to my parents' house. I rescued a turtle here once. It was crossing the road. Slowly. It didn't appreciate my help at first- tried to pee on me- but I got it accross the road safely.

The ice... just a thin layer... just enough to capture the last little driftlets of snow... and the sky so blue. Begged me to stop.


I also had to take this picture. It reminded me of Alice in Wonderland and the Chronicles of Narnia- I think in The Magician's Nephew there is a land where stepping into puddles takes you to different places. I wonder what the roads are like on the other side of that puddle...

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

Good photos indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home